this is where we stand with Scout’s Journey and otherwise:
- There is now Unreal-capable hardware available. I’m currently trying to install the Linux version of Unreal from git. The current development rig has 8GB RAM and a Nvidia 1050Ti GPU. This should do nicely for a while.
- I’m still polishing off the script. The plot has been finished for a couple months, I’m just editing and pulling in some stringers in a couple places. This is not a major effort, though.
- I’m seriously looking into C++ programming again. I am capable of it but I’m doing some reading and practice as a refresher. One thing I’m quite seriously looking at is to port my little curses-based RPG (roguelike), DSAHack, from C to C++ with classes. This makes a lot of sense and it’ll be a good practice project.
- As soon as things are running with Unreal, there will be renewed focus on Blender modelling, especially props and environments, and successively characters.
- I’m still looking at doing videos and I’ll probably have a server and domain at some point to host a lot more stuff than this blog ever could.
- I’ve been dealing with some personal upheaval in recent months but I’m looking relatively fine now.
- You want to help, you want to partner up, you want to collaborate, you want to learn C++ with me, you want to give feedback, drop me a line. I’m aware I didn’t answer all comments recently, that’s simply because I was busy.
In short, radio silence doesn’t always mean bad things.